Description

lost in fiber art projects / collaborations / news / reviews

Top Image

Top Image

The Road to Galisteo

Posted on: Thursday, September 21, 2006


Was it Carl Andre who remarked that his ideal piece of sculpture was a road?

The journey has begun as I begin my week long artist residency in New Mexico. I will be onsite at THE LAND/an art site in Mountainair, New Mexico as of September 23rd. I touched down in Albuquerque today and immediately headed off to the Galisteo Basin for a dose of autumn splendor in the desert Southwest. I have decided to devote my upcoming residency project to 'the aesthetics of connectivity'. An attempt to give voice to what is in the air, on the breezes, in the tension wires that surround us.




This is not just a matter of making art as if the world mattered, but a matter of remaking ourselves in the image of the land, the seemingly barren terrain, the so-called wasteland of emptiness that harbors our vagrant, tumbleweed desires.

0 comments:

Abigail Doan All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger