Description

lost in fiber art projects / collaborations / news / reviews

Top Image

Top Image

Il 'Neato' Nido

Posted on: Monday, January 07, 2008

Il Nido 01, fiber, silk cocoons, dried grass (Abigail Doan)

Il Nido 02, fiber, silk
cocoons, dried grass (Abigail Doan)


Il Nido 03, fiber, silk cocoons, dried grass (Abigail Doan)

Il Nido 04, fiber, silk cocoons, dried grass (Abigail Doan)

Everyone I know seemed to be cleaning out their closets before the new year. Given that my twins keep me rather busy these days, my sorting and shedding process seems to be a bit spotty to say the least. I did manage to deconstruct some old collages and fiber pieces recently in order to create a new fiber form called, il nido ("the nest", in Italian).

After a year of gestating, trying to remain pregnant, and then delivering our twins early, it felt as if everything that I did during 2007 was about building and trying to maintain a sustainable nest. Who would have guessed that nest building would take on such variations in form?

0 comments:

Abigail Doan All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger