Description

lost in fiber art projects / collaborations / news / reviews

Top Image

Top Image

Donna Sharrett's Heirloom Reverb

Posted on: Thursday, April 23, 2009


One of my absolute favorite artists, Donna Sharrett, has her opening reception at Pavel Zoubok Gallery tonight. Even though I will be at Project Earth Day, I hope to swing by her exquisite *reverb* exhibit as soon as I can. Sharrett uses mixed media ingredients like: rose petals, handmade rose beads, synthetic hair, guitar-string ball-ends, violin bow-string, blue jeans, hand embroidered damask linen, cotton shirting, rings, buttons, synthetic pearls, bone beads, dirt & thread - just to name a few.

Why do I want to sit Donna Sharrett down to have fresh mint julep or an icy cold lemonade with Natalie Chanin? You decide.



0 comments:

Abigail Doan All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger