lost in fiber art projects / collaborations / news / reviews

Top Image

Top Image

Lost in Fiber: The Backstory

Posted on: Monday, September 05, 2011

Studio Specimen No. 6 (Abigail Doan)

I cannot believe that today is Labor Day. My summer in Sofia has been phenomenal, but it has also passed so quickly. I love the slower pace of life here and the view of Mount Vitosha from my terrace – it makes for the perfect counterpoint to NYC and its dynamism.

Journal via Dirty Cheap Deeds

I have an assortment of new projects underway for the remainder of 2011/start of 2012, one of which is my new visual journal, Lost in Fiber. Many of the images were included in last Spring's talk, Fashioning Self and the Environment, at FIT in NYC. Whether as an art, fashion, fiber, textile, or environmental window – all are meant to build bridges between freer personal expression and ecological awareness. I am doing a lot of research these days on land art as a richer context for highlighting sustainable fashion ideas. You might recognize images from historic land art projects from the American West as well as remote landscapes globally. This is all part of a residency project that I am planning for Spring 2012.

Wishing you all a beautiful and creative start to Autumn 2011, or the inverse of this, depending upon where you reside or choose to roam.


Abigail Doan All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger