Description

lost in fiber art projects / collaborations / news / reviews

Top Image

Top Image

Ancient Futures :: Thessaloniki Inspiration

Posted on: Tuesday, September 11, 2012

detail of weighted loom at the Museum of Byzantine Culture, Thessaloniki
self portrait with ceramics at the Museum of Byzantine Culture, Thessaloniki
Gold treasure from the Museum of Byzantine Culture, Thessaloniki

Just a sampling of some of the objects, scenes and textures that inspired me during last week's two day trip to Thessaloniki. All photos by Abigail Doan.

3 comments:

over the rainbow said...

I love these stones....the weight....the way they are shaped and drilled.....they bring me back to the steel washers I used to use way back when I used to weave....and the marks on the pottery are divine.....

Judy Martin said...

Your travel writing is interesting to me. I am traveling at present, and although I have been blogging a bit, and stitching a bit, I find that the constant new things that surround me, the conversations with new people etc..make me dumb. Dumb as in not being able to write. Dumb founded - because of all the newness? Numb because I don't have the solitude I am used to?
This post and another one you wrote while travelling have inspired me to continue to search for my own thoughts deep within. And share them.

wholly jeanne said...

i can see why you were inspired. the weights cause my heart to quicken because i'm no weaver, but they remind me of something a friend made me recently. knowing of my passion for teardrops, she crafted me one that looks about this size, strung it on a ribbon, and mailed it to me. i'm sending her over here for a looksee.

Abigail Doan All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger