Description

lost in fiber art projects / collaborations / news / reviews

Top Image

Top Image

Eastern Bloc Redux for The WILD Magazine

Posted on: Sunday, October 07, 2012

Styling research for the EUGENIO photo shoot (concept: Abigail Doan)


I recently completed a dreamy sort of photo shoot for the young Bulgarian knitwear designer, Evgeni Petkov. His new EUGENIO line is handmade in rural Bulgaria by fairly-paid artisans. Several of these look book images (one of my first attempts at working as a stylist) appeared in my recent article on Eastern European fashion and design for The WILD Magazine.

The WILD piece made me look back at other stories I have written about design and fashion initiatives in Bulgaria and beyond. Here is a small selection of these articles. Change and innovation is definitely on the landscape here in Eastern Europe and in Sofia, specifically:




Plying a More Fashionable Fiber Frontier for EcoSalon


You might also enjoying reading about work that my family and I have been doing with our foundation, The Haemimont Foundation (HF), 'a corporation engaged in not-for-profit activities for the public good'. HF also has a Tumblr site which features cultural and environmental projects / visual highlights (my photos) from around Bulgaria.

0 comments:

Abigail Doan All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger