Description

lost in fiber art projects / collaborations / news / reviews

Top Image

Top Image

Make It Monday: New Views + Angles

Posted on: Monday, April 08, 2013

Loving this (headdress) styling by Katharina Domokosch
BA (Hons) Fashion Design Technology: Womenswear collection 2012

Today marks the start of a weekly post series called, 'Make It Monday'. This is really meant as a way to formally share some of what is inspiring me in the studio and beyond. I also think that this will be an ideal way for me to launch into each week with my sleeves rolled up and an open mind about new views and angles on my work.

Join me each Monday for some visual and conceptual art + fashion + fiber  fodder – even if you know that you can make it all the way to Friday on your very own.


Designer friend Titania Inglis sent over this snapshot from a recent editorial in Surface Magazine. I think that the layout is brilliant and definitely in line with some performative pieces that I have been dreaming about. More on this soon.


These modular poufs and area rugs from Spanish designer Patricia Urquiola for Gan are also inspiring me to think creatively about how I arrange the objects in my home as well as the flow of traffic in each room.

Louis Reith / Untitled Collages (2011)

*Note to self to begin making collages again.


Definitely need to consider more colorful and multi-dimensional bonbons in my life. 
I love this interview with Ana Kras in The WILD Magazine.


I am also revisiting how amazing these found posters / paper collages from the streets of Sofia are. Thinking long and hard about new ways to use these backdrops in the photographing of my fiber forms. 

You can see some previous images here.

Off we go into the wilderness and vast terrain of a new week.

2 comments:

fran ameri said...

Lovely, Abigail! This is a very inspiring new segment you have begun! Thanks for sharing your creativity with us!

Abigail Doan said...

You are so kind, Fran. Thanks for the inspiration and support! x

Abigail Doan All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger