Description

lost in fiber art projects / collaborations / news / reviews

Top Image

Top Image

Make It Monday: Complexity and Solidarity

Posted on: Monday, June 03, 2013

Studio work table in the late afternoon

Detail of a work in progress with cottonwood fiber from the streets

I am in the midst of complex hands-on work at the moment, so this post will be more about those images and scenes that have floated into view this past week. We are all processing a lot right now with the unfolding of current events (in Turkey, specifically, as a neighbor of Bulgaria and a place where I have wonderfully talented friends), but as I gaze up at Mount Vitosha at the end of the day here in Sofia or walk along my neighborhood streets at dusk, there are signs of nature-based solidarity everywhere. It feels like the right time for change.


Storm clouds over Mount Vitsoha 

Complex patterns and insects in my garden

Top down view of watercolors by my twins and flowers from Nadya

Communal neighborhood garden in Sofia


(all photos by Abigail Doan)

0 comments:

Abigail Doan All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger