Description

lost in fiber art projects / collaborations / news / reviews

Top Image

Top Image

Gathering and Cultivating : Over Time

Posted on: Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Wavehill Gardens, September 2013 (photo by Abigail Doan)

I am holding off on blogging again (in earnest) until my return to Bulgaria this upcoming weekend. This past month plus in the U.S. has been a bit of a whirlwind, but it has been one that has also connected me to old and new ideas in ways that I never imagined.


When I was in college I used to visit Wavehill's gardens all of the time – searching for new paths into art making and possible 'collaborations' with the natural world. I was amazed how during my visit there this past weekend, I was drawn to the same living exhibits, hues, and textures of plants that  quite honestly seemed like old friends.

Photo taken during my visit with Cave Collective in Greenpoint Brooklyn on 9.16.13
(photo by Cat Lauigan)

I have also been really blessed with the materials and input of contributors to Lost in Fiber: The Gathering during my visit to NYC. They have shared their worlds, creative processes, concerns, and hopes in ways that will surely propel the project forward.

This week I will also be participating in a panel called The Art of Slow Fashion here in NYC.

I am still whittling away at my new website. It is very much a work in progress like everything else, but that's fine with me. Gathering and cultivating takes time. There is really no short cut.

See you soon from my Thracian perch in Bulgaria.

0 comments:

Abigail Doan All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger