Description

lost in fiber art projects / collaborations / news / reviews

Top Image

Top Image

Spherical Relationships

Posted on: Monday, September 30, 2013

Fabric/Fashion Ghost (Sofia 2013) | photo by Abigail Doan


I am back in Bulgaria now, and even though this past week has not at all been a slow or gentle transition to my life here, it has given my some distance and perspective on all of the amazing, creative folks who I seem to have 'spherical relationships' with. Some of these individuals are artist/designer friends who I know personally, and others are like-minded makers and thinkers who seem to be such a part of the special orb that I examine regularly and with such fervent curiosity.

As I now launch into some serious archiving and hands-on work for Lost in Fiber: The Gathering, I wanted to highlight (and thank) a few people who I was fortunate to connect with while in NYC. These encounters somehow already made my autumn feel more complete.


Handmade ink and watercolor offered by Makalé at Wilderness of Wish

Doug Johnston as featured on Totokaelo | We had such a great chat at the Textile Art Center's Blue Gala in Brooklyn

0 comments:

Abigail Doan All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger