Description

lost in fiber art projects / collaborations / news / reviews

Top Image

Top Image

First Comes Textiles, Then Comes Fashion

Posted on: Thursday, October 03, 2013

Awaveawake botanically-dyed silks with fallen blossoms at NYFW (photo | Abigail Doan)

The fashion week season from New York to Paris has finally concluded. (I have my eyes wide open for Kiev in mid-October, though). With all the excitement regarding new styles and visual treatments for Spring/Summer 2014, I am always reminded of the very grounding fact that first comes textiles, then comes fashion.

Please enjoy my review of a selection of fashion week textile expressions in Spring/Summer 2014 Bridges The Textile Divide for The WILD Magazine.


Dries Van Noten SS14 at Paris Fashion Week | Style.com

I have also squirreled away some favorite designs on this Pinterest board.

0 comments:

Abigail Doan All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger