Description

lost in fiber art projects / collaborations / news / reviews

Top Image

Top Image

Make It Monday | Between the In-Between

Posted on: Monday, January 27, 2014

Lost in Fiber: The Gathering | January 2014 | photo by Abigail Doan

These are images that address what lies between the in-between. I am traveling to NYC soon for work and a family related visit. My palette will shift to the objects and forms in my studio there as well as the light of new environs. 

Central Sofia | January 2014 | photo by Abigail Doan

Central Sofia | January 2014 | photo by Abigail Doan

I never feel far away from home, no matter where I roam. Fiber keeps me connected as does the global weather, the constantly changing (unpredictable) atmosphere, and the climate that I observe very closely. 

Lost in Fiber: The Gathering | January 2014 | photo by Abigail Doan

I am increasingly focused on the in-between states and the connective tissue in my life. This is what feels most real for me, or rather continues to reveal an overall texture map as I simply work with materials, from here to there and back.

See you on the other side for a mid-winter update on Lost in Fiber:The Gathering.

0 comments:

Abigail Doan All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger