Description

lost in fiber art projects / collaborations / news / reviews

Top Image

Top Image

Пролет | Spring

Posted on: Friday, March 21, 2014

'Пролет | Spring' unfurling on the streets of Sofia | photo by Abigail Doan

There is something so poignant about the transition to a new season. Of course, we are all more than ready for spring, but I always feel a bit disloyal about shedding the previous season and casting it off like a dry or dull skin casing that I essentially have no use for.
My neighbor's terrace is like a fish tank for spring sunshine | photo by Abigail Doan

That said, I am more than ready to open my terrace doors to let in the mountain breezes, sunshine, and bird songs. Everywhere I look here in my neighborhood there are signs that new life is stirring with a fresh palette burgeoning.

Outdoors this week | photo by Abigail Doan

Indoors this week | photo by Abigail Doan

Most important for me is the sensation of renewal and the reassessment of ideas that one often clings to when the days and nights are long and more introspective. Spring is definitely about sharing and also finding new details and drawings in old space – particularly with something that was formerly at the back of one's closet or neatly tucked away.

Closet fashion drawing by Abigail Doan with designs

Spring is also about the opportunity to turn things inside out. 

Old skins become new skins with a bit of light on a formerly overlooked detail.

0 comments:

Abigail Doan All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger