Description

lost in fiber art projects / collaborations / news / reviews

Top Image

Top Image

Building the Lost in Fiber Nest(s)

Posted on: Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Sofia | June 2014 | photo by Abigail Doan

Summer is slowly seeping into my bones. It has been a rainy spring here in Sofia, so I have been working hard to keep my succulents on the terrace 'dry enough' and also 'upright' in all of the torrential evening rains.

During the next few months I will be reorganizing my home in Bulgaria and also preparing my nomadic caravan for the transition back to NYC this autumn. We will continue to travel as a family to Sofia and environs regularly, but the axis will shift back to the U.S. and my home turf of the Hudson Valley. We also have plans to continue growing our small cultural and educational foundation and expect to share some of the latest projects soon.


An exquisite stash in Brece Honeycutt's studio | photo by Abigail Doan

Throughout the summer I will continue to synthesize gathered materials for Lost in Fiber artefacts and also conduct interviews with artists and designers who have contributed to the project. The first interview with artist, Brece Honeycutt, will be online early next week. 

You can now also follow updates via Lost in Fiber on FacebookI wish you all an inspired transition to the core of summer with safe (slow) journeying and some cool swims, too.

0 comments:

Abigail Doan All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger