Description

lost in fiber art projects / collaborations / news / reviews

Top Image

Top Image

Walking Libraries | 2016

Posted on: Thursday, March 17, 2016

Walking Libraries 2016 | Abigail Doan

Since the conclusion of 2015, I have been occupied with new collaborations and print publications for Lost in Fiber | agencyI do not update this blog very often these days, but given how long it has been online, I feel an allegiance to this 'older platform' and the thread of continuity. 

2016 is moving so quickly, and with this in mind, I have launched a new 'slowing down' project called, Walking Libraries. This art initiative will involve my archiving of the granular aspects of landscape exploration and tactile finds out on the trail. My goal is to incorporate more movement into my work as means to further explore personal mapping concepts as well as fluidity between materials and documentation methods.





I am currently plotting out trips to the American southwest and California, but before these excursions, I will also be revisiting old trails in New York State's Hudson Valley.

Two books that I am re-reading for the first phase of walking research are the following:

Wanderlust: A History of Walking, by Rebecca Solnit

Along the Hudson and the Mohawk: The 1790 Journey of Count Paolo Andreani,

edited and translated by Cesare Marino and Karim M. Tiro

More imagery and stories from the trail are to come. In the interim, I am reminded of this wonderful book published by The LAND/an art site in New Mexico. Excerpts can be read via the online journal, Landviews.

0 comments:

Abigail Doan All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger