Description

lost in fiber art projects / collaborations / news / reviews

Top Image

Top Image

Winter to Spring : Nomad Archive

Posted on: Monday, April 01, 2013


In preparation for my transition to Sofia, Bulgaria, for Spring/Summer 2013, I decided to photograph some of the fiber forms in my studio with new backdrops. I did this partly because I sometimes get very nostalgic for hand-crafted work that I have to leave behind – particularly during this four to five year period when my family and I are living overseas.

 

These images are ideas that I can essentially take with me as visual touchstones while on the road. Given that I have multiple new projects underway, it is always good to reminded of where I have been and what might unfold – naturally, and in a new context.


Stay tuned for more details on what is in the works during the months to come.


(all photos by Abigail Doan)

5 comments:

Sociedad de Diletantes, S.L. y Casilda García Archilla said...

Maravilloso, Abigail

in her billowing heart said...

these are exquisite!

loveliest thoughts

Henna said...

I was wondering about the book of plant studies/drawings/paintings that you have used as a backdrop. Who is it by?

Also the last image, the one with the flower like organic shape you have created reminds me of dandelions, especially with that colour of wool? Or felt?
What happens to the pieces that you leave behind?

Abigail Doan said...

Thank you everyone. The book plate are from 'Ocean Flowers' : http://www.amazon.com/Ocean-Flowers-Impressions-Carol-Armstrong/dp/0691119481

Natalya Aikens said...

wow... these are wonderful!

Abigail Doan All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger