Description

lost in fiber art projects / collaborations / news / reviews

Top Image

Top Image

Walking Libraries | Archiving 2016 to 2017

Posted on: Thursday, February 23, 2017

Walking Libraries | February 2017 | NYC

I am thrilled to announce that I will be participating in an Artist Residency in Motherhood (ARIM) as of March 1, 2017. ARIM is the open source residency project of artist, Lenka Clayton.

For a two month period, I will continue to work on archiving images and materials from my Walking Libraries (WL) project initiated in 2016. The original vision for WL was the following:

"This art initiative will involve my archiving of the granular aspects of landscape exploration and tactile finds out on the trail. My goal is to incorporate more movement into my work as means to further explore personal mapping concepts as well as fluidity between materials and documentation methods." (March 2016)

Since then I have walked numerous trails and the open terrain of the Hudson Valley, coastal northern California, off the beaten pathways in Bulgaria, as well as urban NYC. ARIM will be a framework for me to better archive materials gathered to date while also reflecting on how I identify textural details in the landscape as a parent, mother, and environmental artist focused on preserving and protecting the natural world.


Walking Libraries | May 2016 | Pescadero, California

In addition to an updated library of images, I hope to edit materials for printing small volumes and editions that I will pass on to my own children and others as a record for addressing the need to see more, examine more, and connect more.


Learn more about the materials for ARIM's residency kit here.

0 comments:

Abigail Doan All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger